Italian Immersion Preschool Programs
The Greenville Community Church
270 Ardsley Road
Scarsdale, NY 10583 M-S
The Boys and Girls Club
351 E Main St
Mt Kisco, NY 10549
Ages 2½-5 years
September 11 – June 9 2017-2018
Download our tuition rates and policies
LPDC’s l’angolo dei bambini is a unique Italian immersion preschool providing learning of the Italian language and appreciation for the Italian culture through an academically rich age-appropriate preschool curriculum.Our mission is twofold; to provide a preschool education that more than prepares a child for higher learning and provide an Italian language and cultural experience in a full-immersion environment that fosters a child’s general development while expanding their command of Italian. Each child is encouraged to develop their whole potential through daily exposure to music, art, drama/theater and Italian culture with pre-academic skills smoothly integrated into the children’s play. Teachers are fluent and/or native speakers with experience in early childhood education.
The Benefits of a Full Immersion Program:
- Young children learn languages more quickly
- Learning a second language early in life promotes more native-sounding pronunciation
- Promotes better overall grammar and ELA
- Your child develops a global attitude through intercultural awareness
- Exposure to a second language helps your child to be more creative and flexible
- Foreign languages can have a positive effect on memory and listening skills
- Multilingual exposure improves not only children’s cognitive skills but also their social abilities.
The preschool day is divided into segments of music, literacy, snack, outdoor play and art. Typical Day Schedule.